Sunday, October 19, 2008

Prop 4

((I know I've been a bit political lately but this stuff matters alot to me so bear with me))


For the third time in four years, Proposition 4 is a ballot measure which would endanger teens by mandating parental notification 48 hours in advance of a minor terminating a pregnancy. Parents rightfully want to be involved in their teenagers' lives, and the good news is that most teens do go to their parents when faced with an unintended pregnancy. However not all teens are in a situation where it’s safe for them to go to their parent. Not everyone has the loving parent that they deserve. Please understand that while it’d be wonderful if all teens could go to their parents in their time of need, not all are in a position where it’s safe for them to be able to. Please vote NO on prop 4. Don't put these girls at risk.

1 comment:

Cathy Woodruff said...

I think your right, it is really sad that teens can't all go to their parents in time of need. One thing that I really admire about you is the relationship that you have with your mom. I am impress with your ability to share your political views...They make me think and respect you. Your one smart cookie! Ever think about going into politics?