Saturday, May 17, 2008

Poem-Dandelion

This is a poem I wrote a bit before Corey and I started dating. So around September. It was around the time when I was dating guys and having trouble finding the right person.. who we now know Ive found. : ] I actually like how this poem came out.





Dandelion

Im sorry for being the weed in your garden
with my leeching roots
pretend Im a flower
for just a moment

pluck at my limbs
chanting to the petals
have you desided
what is our fate

my naked stalk quivering
exposed at your expense
while the children make wishes
scattering the seeds

youll blow me away too
prehaps Ill regrow
to be picked once more
by someone new


Photobucket

A picture I drew on photoshop to match poem. (done rather quickly)

2 comments:

Beth said...

AMAZING! I love the face!

Ruth said...

I can't believe the quick picture. Everything was great. You are very talented.